Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Bowie at Night

I recently found out that the skatepark in Bowie is fully lit until 10 PM, so (despite vowing to never return) I headed out to P.G. County yet again. On the way there, Bulldog and I were gabbin' on the phone, and he seemed convinced that the lights would cast a bunch of "weird shadows all over the place," which, of course, would be terrible. However, upon arrival, I immediately noticed that the folks in Bowie aren't playin' around when it comes to lighting their parks. Apparently an electricity bill ain't nothing to those people.


I made the following video just so that the SweatHog posse could keep Bowie in mind if they're ever in need of an evening option that isn't as life-threatening as Bridge Spot.

Things you should know before watching:
  • I do not know how to skate that bowl. It's crazy-hard. I could blame it on being goofy, but you know that's not a good excuse.
  • I edited out the ongoing conversation I had with a 9-year-old who asked me about fifty questions (I'm not exaggerating) about spiders, mosquitos, and other assorted bugs in the bowl. He wanted to skate the bowl so bad, but he was SUPER freaked out about bugs, and he seemed to be stuck on some kind of infinite inquiry loop. I was nice to him, but at around question #45, my responses became, "Listen, what kind of answer can I give you that will make you stop asking me questions?" and "I don't think you're hearing my responses, so I'm gonna just keep skating now."
  • When the place eventually cleared out and I was finally left by myself, it only took about 15 minutes of skating before I was out of my mind with exhaustion.
  • The slow-motion hippy-jump you'll see is a total fake. I included it in the video strictly for laughs. It was like piecing together footage from Thrashin', and I couldn't resist. I did, however, attempt to land it several times for real (again, out of my mind with exhaustion) and got close once. But I also got close to breaking every bone in my body, so I stopped trying.
Alright. Here ya' go. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Hippy-jump! Great editing. Tight-dick playah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that would have been terrible had I not owned up to the fact that I couldn't pull a move like that off in real life. I'm no Lance Mountain. Speaking of which ... if you decide to skip ahead, it's the last trick in the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-elyk3TKdo

    ReplyDelete