Sunday, February 16, 2014

Crowds and Odors at the Palace of Versailles

After returning from Europe, I've tried a few times to compile the videos and photos taken into one watchable movie to show the teeming masses of friends and family who have asked (earnestly, mind you), "How was your trip?" There have been a couple of problems, however, in crafting, culminating, and completing such a mammoth undertaking:
  1. Compiling and editing a movie is hard as all get-out.
  2. Compiling and editing a movie that isn't mind-numbingly boring for the viewing public is even harder.
With that being said, I've decided to head into a new direction with this project:
Perhaps it'll be better to share short bursts of movie clips from this journey abroad whenever I feel like it, and only after I've had time to edit the clips appropriately for audience amusement. The hope is that I will avoid making the modern equivalent of some wearisome, meandering, go-nowhere super-8 family vacation footage, and the viewing public won't want to hunt me down and kill me for boring them to tears.

So, the video clip below is my attempt to quickly detail the time Erin and I went to Versailles in December of 2013.
  • We began the day by boarding a crowded train bombarded in an instant with musicians. 
  • We waited in a line at the golden palace gates for almost 2 hours. 
  • We walked around one of the most beautiful and breathtaking landscapes on the planet.
  • We saw some amazingly old and opulent stuff, while simultaneously having the misfortune of wallowing in another human's flatulence.
Behold! Versailles in roughly 2.5 minutes!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you stumbled into this site! It's great to hear from you.
    Honestly, there's so much footage from Versailles ... it's a small miracle that I squeezed the trip down to just a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete