Saturday, February 15, 2014

Shredding in C.P.

Layback Nap-slide beyond the coping. Photo: E.F. Mitchell
Lately, skating's been good.
Todd M. called me back in November, saying that he and Linc were headed over to GSL to skate. He asked if I wanted to come along, but considering my 3000 dollar grill and the fact that I hadn't even looked at a skateboard in over five years, I hesitated. 
However, after hemming and hawing for a few minutes, I ended up driving out to Northeast just to watch the session. "Watch" being the key word here.

Todd M. brought an extra board for me (just in case), but I didn't even touch it. In fact, I think I told him to leave it in his car. GSL was intimidating, some old rippers were there ragin' away, and there was no way I was going near that bowl without a helmet and knee pads. 
But here's the thing ... everyone was super nice and supportive and awesome. 
I immediately wanted to join in.

So I've been skating again. There ya' have it.

I suppose it was only a matter of time before some footage of me appeared online. Fortunately, E. F. Mitch was on hand to capture me tearing it up at the College Park bowl. 

This clip should blow your mind. You may want to select the full-screen option because you're not gonna want to miss the gnarly details.
Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. I mean hey you one-footed the rock-n-roll to split. +3 points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got so sleepy when I got to the coping.

    ReplyDelete