Monday, March 3, 2014

I totally had to look up the word Adenoid, but I think I found my next band name.

We here at Misadventures sent our very own Todd M on assignment to Chattanooga, Tennessee for an eye-witness account on the city's burgeoning scene. Below is his exclusive report:
-Susan Carroll Smith, Editor-in-Chief

So I see on google maps that the local skatepark is only about four blocks from where I'm working. As I'm leaving work on a bike, I figure I'll pedal over and take a look. There's some weird old abandoned factory and a sign out in front of the parking lot with an arrow to the skate park and a dog park around back. As I'm pedaling up, some skate rat waves me over. 
I kind of wish I could imitate the youthfulness in his voice; the overactive adenoids and drawl were pretty awesome:

Skate Rat (SR): Yo man, you got two bucks I can have to get in the park? Dude at the gate says I gotta pay.
Todd M (TM): No.
SR: That's cool. Man that dude is being a DICK. I hate when he's there.
TM: I looked at this park online. I didn't realize that you had to pay though. That's kind of lame. 
SR: (eyeing my bright blue bike): No man, they'll let you go for free if you want to rip it up on that bike.
TM: No, I'm not looking to do that--I was talking about skating for free.
SR: (eyebrows and voice both raising): Yo, you skate?
TM: Kind of. Not very well and with a 20-year break in there. But yeah. 
SR: Yo, that's COOL.

This devolves for another few minutes, but you get the drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment