Monday, March 17, 2014

Margin Walker

The beard must go.
Goodbye, old friend.

Like many other fellas before me, I couldn't resist trying out a couple of different looks while going through the long and painful process of shaving.
First, I went for the classic Handlebar (featured below). However, it didn't really look right until I found the right shirt and hat.
Then I went for the John Waters/pencil thin mustache (also featured below). Of course, I was hoping to achieve that sort of sophisticated Errol Flynn-Clark Gable style. I started envisioning myself with FDR's cigarette holder, calling everyone "old sport" like Jay Gatsby. 
However, that look is more difficult to sculpt than you might imagine.
For the five minutes that I wore it, I looked like an actual lunatic.






4 comments:

  1. that Waters mustache is haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 4 minutes I rocked that look was the longest, most painful 4 minutes of my life. I actually looked up some images later of Clark Gable and Vincent Price ... I got the cut wrong. I shave too much space above the top lip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally, that mustache is the facial hair equivalent of erupting into a coughing fit in a crowded room during a swine flu outbreak. However, you wore it well and with pride for that 4 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be amazing ... to buckle over into a coughing fit, only to lift my head and see everyone has a pencil-'stash.

    ReplyDelete